805 West Centre Street, Shenandoah PA 17976
District: (570) 462-1936
High School: (570) 462-1957
Elementary: (570) 462-2796
Shenandoah Valley School District
Below you will find some important information from the District's Nursing Office. New updates and forms will be added as they become available.
The following criteria should be used to determine if a child is well enough for school:
- A student will be sent home or should remain at home with a temperature over 99.4 with symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, or rash or 100.4 temperature with no symptoms.
- Communicable diseases such as pink eye, scabies, ringworm, and influenza need to return to school with a note from the health care provided clearing them for attendance.
- Students need to be fever free as well as free of vomiting or diarrhea symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Students who require dismissal from school due to illness must be dismissed to a parent or emergency contact on the child's emergency card.
- If a medical emergency occurs and a parent or emergency contact cannot be located, 911 will be contacted and the student transported to the hospital listed on the emergency card (if possible) or the closest emergency room.
- If a physician's note is required for absence by the attendance office, sending an ill student into school to be sent home by the nurse does not eliminate the need for a physicians note.
Contact Information for the Nurses:
Email: Lucia Salamak - firstname.lastname@example.org
School Vaccination Requirements - Spanish
A Flu Guide for Parents
Influenza Frequently Asked Questions - English
Influenza Frequently Asked Questions - Spanish
Tips for Preventing the Spread of the Flu - English
Tips for Preventing the Spread of the Flu - Spanish
Head Lice Information - English
Head Lice Information - Spanish